Wednesday, June 24, 2015

it's here, summer that is

as i sit on my floor (crisscross applesauce style, mind you) with a chlorine soaked bun atop my head from the pool resting in my backyard and in the comfort of my dads batman tshirt i want to stress to you as much as possible why summer is my most loved season.

summer is when my hair gets curly and my cheeks pink like roses. by 9:00am its already 100 degrees and it remains like that until the afternoon clouds of thunder come to chase it away. it's the time to jump in the pool fully clothed and lay in bed for hours watching netflix. it is the season that you can finally read that pile a mile high of books you've been collecting since february. it's when the sun gives me tan-lines around the bracelets on my right wrist. with no stress of studying for that algebra test the next morning i can sit and write letters at my yellow desk until 2am if i so please. my toes can be painted any bright color i wish. i leave my suitcases and clothes splashed all over my room because it's only a matter of days until my family and i pile back into that motorhome for another three weeks of old southern back roads and new friends.

i hope that your summer (whoever you may be) is loved, cherished, and full of adventures.

2 comments:

  1. oh i can just feel summer through this post. ::sigh:: such vibes, such words

    thank you, i hope yours is too, lovely friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Abby! I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! http://theadventuresofannapuppy.blogspot.com/2015/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete