Tuesday, March 24, 2015

oh, the places I'll go

wanderlust(n). the never-ending passion to see the world on a magic carpet.

      ...Ok, maybe I sorta made that up. But that's pretty much what it means, and I most surely do suffer from it.
The other day my English teacher told me I reminded her of a butterfly, because I'm so quiet on the outside, but constantly speaking on the inside. Because I have quite a lot of trouble with sitting still (actual ADD going on right now) and staying in one place. She said it was because the daydream look in my eye matches that of a butterfly's wings and because I have such a passion for new places I can't help but flutter around. Needing something new and adventurous all the time.
      So since my 'spirit animal' is apparently a fluttering butterfly, I would like to share my dream places to see to your gorgeous face.

1) Ireland. YES, I know! I've said it already but I don't feel like I can say it enough. Every. Single. Person. Has a place that speaks to their soul, maybe it's a house, maybe a coffee shop, an office, a park, a city, or a country like mine. But Ireland speaks to my soul and I could not tell you why if I spoke for hours. But I plan on going and backpacking across old castles and staying in hostles, spending my evenings and late nights in pubs with live music and wonderful dancing. I plan to stay as long as I want and never have a plan when I go to bed the night before. All that will be on my mind is: I've made it.
2) London. You might've just rolled your eyes and huffed: "typical" and your screen. Or maybe you just totally agreed as you're planning to roam those streets as well, like me. It does not matter what your first thought was, because London is totally great always and the haters gonna hate. I mean listen, Kings Cross Station, 221B Bakers Street, TARDIS. It's all nerdy and it's all London. So your argument is invalid and I'm going to live in a flat in London with a big dog, okay? Good. (I also plan to take a train across England.)
3)Paris. Typical again I know. But it's PARIS! Such beauty, such class, such poetry in a city. Actually I would love to venture across all of France, but Paris is the number on stop there. THE TOWER I CANNOT I LOVE THE TOWER.
4)India. I do not have a certain place in India I want to go...probably just some village/city with lots of colors and elephants (I love elephants).
5) Spain. I don't have much of a plan for this country either, and nor do I really want one. I don't totally believe in being a tourist. I live 30 minutes from Orlando, tourists pretty much always annoy me. So I hate to do that to people. I just plan on wondering around and finding the hidden gem, not the shiny diamond that people come from all over to see. Some of those I would like to see, but I could care less about the majority of them.
6)Caribbean. PARADISE. I adore island life and I could not think of a better place to live it. Who knows, I might even find Captain Jack Sparrow and fall in love.
7) Africa. I plan on going for two reasons. One for a mission trip in tough villages and to love on the children sharing Jesus. And the second is to drive in a safari car across the Horn of Africa just for fun, *yay*.
9) Scotland. Because I want to go to a Scottish Festival and wear a Kilt.
10) Germany, pretty much for the chocolate and cool voices.
11) Philippines. Because they're beautiful and I just can't words how much I feel called there as well.
12)Italy...ah, the warmness I get in my soul when I picture myself backpacking across Italy is oh so lovely.

There are so many more places I want to go I could continue this for hours but I better stop. Honestly...I would go anywhere (well I'm not too into China, it scares me) but other than that I'm down for adventures anywhere. So if you ever end up with an extra plane ticket and don't know who to take with you, let me know. 


1 comment:

  1. What about Seattle, Washington? It's a wonderful place and I will be here waiting for you. =)

    All of those places sound divine I would love I travel there with you! When you do go, you must take a selfie per country. That's all I request. :)

    Love you my butterfly friend.

    ReplyDelete