Thursday, March 19, 2015

beautiful words

Thursdays are for dim lights, hot tea, and beautiful words. So, as a tribute to Thursday, I'll sit here in the dim light with warm tea in hand and share with you some of my favorite beautiful words.

1.     "He wanted to say I love you, but keeps it to goodnight. Because love will mean falling, and she's afraid of heights." I mean like...how does it not give you feels? Doesn't your soul just go awh! ? Mine does. I just love it, very much.
2.      "I think, if he was a book..he'd be the one you throw across the room, then hours later, pick up and leaf through its pages." We all have that one person that toys and plays with our hearts, but we can't stay away. We have to keep going, to finish the book. Leaf through them once more.
3.        Masks, by Shel Silverstein- "She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by and never knew" This applies to the world as it is now. People keeping their real self hidden from people, scared of judgement and being different. But they'll never meet anyone right for their self if they don't act like themselves.
4.          "People are prettiest when they talk about something they love with passion in their eyes."-k.v.h We all know somebody who you just love to watch talk, and rant, or do what they love. Because it's refreshing to see someone show passion for something they truly love. And it's gorgeous to observe.
5.          "It is happiness to wonder, it is happiness to dream."- Edgar Allan Poe. I am a big fan of Mr. Poe, and this might be one of my favorites quotes from him. Probably just because it is so refreshing, usually he is so deep and intense you can't read too much by him at once (or at least I can't). So it is nice to see him say something light, beautiful and true as this. We've all had those nights where we wake up from a perfect dream and spend forever trying to get back to it.
6.          "I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." -Vincent Van Gogh. I mean come on how perfectly mad this artist was. I love it, I love him. Just so much love for this.
7.           "I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again."-Anais Nin. My life. This is my life. I could not even try to guess how many times I've felt a longing in m soul that I can't explain any better than this. The stars are calling me away.

1 comment:

  1. we must share the same soul, because *yes*. thursdays are for dim lights, warm tea, and beautiful words. i adore thursdays.
    these words are so... comforting. and calming. all of them, but especially Poe's and Anais Nin's. i have heard the last one before, and every time it just hits me how true it is. the *stars* are pulling my hair. the stars! there is a force much bigger than us, its overwhelming. its scary at times, but comforting to know that we are just a small part in such a extraordinary universe.
    thank you for sharing these dear, to be honest i need them a lot.

    ReplyDelete